When you become a parent, you are likely to be overwhelmed by the love that you feel for your child. Even so, it will be important for you to engage in activities that will help you increase the bond that you have with your little one. With a little effort, you can make it easy for you and your infant to get to know one another and feel closer together. From relaxing massages with baby oil to cuddle time, there are a variety of ways for you to get closer to your child.
The Easiest Ways to Bond
As a new mom, you may be worried about bonding with your baby, but this is something that you shouldn’t fret over too much. There are all kinds of simple and easy ways that you can bond with your child and help him or her to trust you. If you’re trying to increase your baby’s trust in you, you should try the following activities:
- Holding your child as much as possible. Touching is a great way to increase your bond.
- Keep up a good infant skin care routine using baby oil and lotion. This will give you another opportunity to touch your little one and show him or her that you care.
- Talk to your child. Tell baby what you are doing when changing his or her diaper or when you are dressing your infant. Hearing your voice is a great way to increase your bond.
- Take naps with your child. Spend some time snuggling with your infant in bed. It will make you both feel warm and comfortable.
Bonding Activities in the Bath
There are a great number of bonding activities that you can engage in during baby bath time. Baths are one of these special times where you and baby can relax and put the rest of your worries aside. You should take the opportunity to try the following activities:
Wash your child carefully using baby wash. By gently lathering up your child during bath time, you’ll be able to help him or her relax and this can greatly enhance their trust of you.
- Sing to your infant as you wash him or her. Singing is a great activity to do no matter where you are, but it can really help duringbath time. Some babies are fussy during baths and hearing your sweet voice will calm baby down.
- Play with your child. Use bath toys and show baby what a good time a bath can be.
- Wrap your infant up in a warm towel after your bath.You’ll want your child to feel safe and secure after a bath, so wrapping him or her up is a great idea. Once baby has dried off a little, you can put on baby oil, lotion or other products.
Bonding before Bedtime
Right before bedtime is another great time to try some bonding activities with your child. If you want to make sure that your infant drifts off to dreamland without a care in the world, consider:
- Giving a massage with baby oil. This will allow you to get more skin-to-skin contact that will help nurture the bond between you and your child.
- Snuggle up for a story. Let baby cuddle with you while you read him or her a nice story at bedtime.
All of these activities can work to help you feel that much closer to your little one. Try some of them today and enhance the mother-child bond.
Shop for baby oil through one of our online retailers!