There’s nothing more heartwarming than seeing your little one splashing around in the tub. Bathing your little one is a lot more beneficial than just creating the opportunity to take some cute photos and clean your baby’s skin with baby wash. Bath time is great for bonding and to let your newborn fully experience his or her senses, as he or she splashes in the warm water. It’s also a great way to calm your baby down and help him or her drift off to dreamland peacefully.
Strengthen the Mommy-Baby Bond
As a new parent, you’re probably going to want to spend as much time feeling close to your newborn as possible. Bath time can be a really intimate time where you can keep your newborn close to you. Take your time when giving baby a bath, so that you both can enjoy each other’s company. To make bath time an even more special activity that you can share with baby, try the following tips:
- Look lovingly into your baby’s eyes as you massage him with baby wash. Keeping eye contact throughout will help baby feel more relaxed and loved.
- Talk sweetly to your newborn and kiss your infant’s little belly as much as possible. Constantly touching your newborn will make him or her feel safe and secure.
- Sing sweet or silly songs to keep your infant entertained. This will always make bath time fun time.
Bath Time Can Be a Learning Experience
Bath time is more than just a chance to bond. It can also be a great time for your little one to get in touch with his or her senses and really start to learn things. Use bath time as a means of allowing your little one to really have some new experiences.
- Teach your baby how to splash. Make sure that you don’t actually splash your infant in the process as baby wash could get in her eyes. Just show her how fun it can be to make some small splashes in the tub.
- Give your little one some fun toys that he can touch and play with while in the bath. This will help teach your newborn how to handle objects.
- Once your newborn is old enough and can sit up on his own, you should give him or her some cups to play with. He can have fun learning how to fill and pour water while in the tub.
Help Baby Get Some ZZZ’S
Sleep is sometimes really difficult for new parents, but it can also be a problem for babies. Having a nice, warm bath can be really soothing and relaxing for fussy babies. Having a bath with soothing baby wash before bed time will help make your newborn feel nice and secure. Being in the warm water and getting stroked lovingly by mommy will help him get ready to drift off to sleep.
Shop for baby wash through one of our online retailers!